We often get questions from people about what they can donate for our birds, so we thought we’d compile a list of the most common things that are needed at the rescue!
- Cages– due to toxicity and health risks, we will not accept rusted cages whatsoever. However, brand new or gently used cages are perfectly acceptable!
- Pelleted food– we love our trusted brands such as RoudyBush, Harrisons, Zupreem, and Tropican
- Any sized paper bags– these are used to create foraging toys
- Hemp rope
- Untreated wood– please ensure that no chemicals or pesticides have come in contact with the wood
- In shell nuts– no peanuts as they post a mold risk
- Unsalted out of shell nuts
- Garden veggies
If you have something you’d like to donate, you can contact us at SPRescue@sasktel.net If you live in Saskatoon and are unable to make the trip to Rosthern, we can make arrangements with one of our several rescue members who live in Saskatoon.